Data protection notice of Anwaltskanzlei Piotr Poźniak LL.M.
1. Name and contact details of the controller and the data protection officer
This data protection notice applies to the processing of data by:
Kancelaria Radcy Prawnego Piotr Poźniak LL.M.
(hereinafter: Law Firm)
Piotra Michałowskiego 81 Str.
65-140 Zielona Góra
Republic of Poland
Tel.: (+48) 665 246 969
Fax: (+48) 68 323 62 35
Our data protection officer can be contacted at the above address and at email@example.com
2. Collection and storage of personal data, and nature and purpose of their use
a) Use of the website
When you visit the website www.kanzlei-pozniak.de, the browser running on your device automatically transmits information to our website server. This information is temporarily stored in a log file. Without you taking any action, the following information is recorded and stored until it is automatically deleted after 30 days:
- IP address of your computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the accessed file,
- website from which access was initiated (referrer URL),
- quantity of transmitted data in bytes,
- name of browser being used and, if applicable, your computer’s operating system and the name of your access provider.
We process these data for the following purposes:
- to ensure that the connection to the website is established smoothly,
- to ensure that our website is user-friendly,
- to evaluate system security and stability, and
- for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the processing of data is provided by Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 point f of the Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest arises from the purposes for which the data are collected as per the above list. In no event do we use the collected data for the purpose of inferring anything about your person.
b) Registering for information about our firm, newsletters and invitations to / participation in events
aa) Information and invitations sent by e-mail
If you have explicitly granted consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 point a GDPR or if one of the other elements of Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 GDPR is satisfied, we use your email address to regularly send you information about our firm, newsletters and invitations to events of and with our Law Firm. To receive information about our firm, newsletters and invitations, you need to state only your name and an email address. Business entities are required to state their company name. You can unsubscribe at any time, for example by following the link provided at the end of every newsletter. Alternatively you can send an unsubscribe request at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org. We store your data until you unsubscribe. Thereafter we delete your data unless we are entitled and/or required for other reasons to continue storing them.
bb) Information and invitations sent by mail
If you have explicitly granted consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 point a GDPR or if one of the other elements of Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 GDPR is satisfied (in particular, pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 point f GDPR, processing is necessary to safeguard our legitimate interests and your interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 point f GDPR do not take precedence), we use your name and mail address to send you information about our firm, newsletters and invitations to events of and with our Law Firm. We store your data until you object to receiving this information by mail. Thereafter we delete your data unless we are entitled and/or required for other reasons to continue storing them.
c) Using our contact form
If you have a query on any subject, we invite you to contact us using the form on our website. We need you to state a valid email address, so that we can identify the originator of the inquiry and respond to it appropriately. The disclosure of other details is voluntary. The processing of data for the purpose of enabling you to contact us takes place pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 point a GDPR on the basis of your freely granted consent. The personal data collected by us to facilitate use of the contact form are automatically deleted once your query has been resolved.
3. Transfer of data
Your personal data are not transmitted to third parties for any purposes other than those specified below. We transfer your personal data to third parties only if:
- you have granted your explicit consent thereto pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 point a GDPR,
- the transfer is necessary pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 point f GDPR for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and there is no reason to suppose that you have an overriding legitimate interest in your data not being transferred,
- a legal obligation for the transfer exists pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 point c GDPR, and
- such a transfer is allowed by law and necessary for conducting contractual relations with you pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 point b GDPR.
Likewise for the purpose of enhancing user-friendliness, we also use temporary cookies, which are stored on your device for a defined period. If you visit our website again in order to use our services, these cookies automatically recognize both your previous visit and the inputs and settings you made so as to avoid having to repeat them.
The processing of data by way of cookies is necessary for the specified purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 point f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can configure your browser, however, to prevent cookies being stored on your computer or to trigger a warning each time a new cookie is about to be created. If you block cookies completely, you may not be able to use all the functions of our website.
5. Analyse-Tools / Tracking-Tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are based on Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO. With the tracking measures to be used, we want to ensure a needs-based design and the continuous optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you. These interests are to be regarded as justified within the meaning of the aforementioned provision. The respective data processing purposes and data categories are to be taken from the corresponding tracking tools.
a) Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.com/intl/en/about/) (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, for the purpose of customizing and continually optimizing our pages. USA, hereafter "Google"). In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies (see point 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website, such as:
- browser type / version
- used operating system
- referrer URL (the previously visited website)
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address)
- time of the server request
are transferred to a Google server in the US and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage for the purpose of market research and customization of these websites. This information may also be transferred to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data in the order. In no case will your IP address be merged with other data provided by Google. The IP addresses are anonymized, so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https: //tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie will be set which prevents the future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
For more information about privacy related to Google Analytics, see the Google Analytics Help Center (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
b) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
To statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our website, we also use Google conversion tracking. In doing so, Google Adwords will set a cookie (see section 4) on your computer, provided that you have reached our website via a Google ad.
These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of the Adwords customer's website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer can recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to this page.
Each Adwords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies can not be tracked via the websites of Adwords customers. The information gathered using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Adwords customers hear the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a conversion tracking tag page. However, they do not receive any information that personally identifies users.
6. Social Media Plug-ins
On our website we do not use any plug-ins for the social networks Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We use links to the social networks Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. in a way that does not establish any direct connection between your browser and the server of the social network concerned. The symbols of the relevant social networks appearing on our websites are simple links to our own pages on these networks. Responsibility for ensuring operation in compliance with data protection regulations rests with the individual network providers.
On the ‘press releases’ page, we have placed a button for sharing press releases with third parties via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We designed the sharing feature in a way that avoids sending data to the social network, as long as you have not selected the network by clicking the button to actually share the press release. Based on your selection another window will open and allow you to conclude the sharing in your accustomed social media environment.
If you share content from our website via your social media account, the provider of the network will be able to track your visit on our website. Please note that we do not have comprehensive knowledge of the data transferred during your visit to the social media network provider, or the use made thereof by the provider.
You will find further information on the above in the data protection notices of the social media network providers:
- Facebook (Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA): https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Twitter (Twitter International Company, One Cumberland Place, Fenian Street, Dublin D02 AX07, Ireland): https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- Instagram (Instagram LLC., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA): https://
7. Rights of data subjects
You have the right to:
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR to obtain from us confirmation as to whether your personal data are being processed. In particular, you have the right to obtain information on the purposes of the processing; the categories of personal data concerned; the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed; the envisaged storage period; the existence of a right to request rectification or erasure or restriction of processing, or to object to such processing; the existence of a right to lodge a complaint; the source of your data if not collected by us; and on the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, in those cases, meaningful information about the particularities of such activities,
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR to demand from us without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you held by us, or to have incomplete personal data completed,
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR to obtain from us the erasure of your personal data stored by us unless the processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; for reasons of public interest; or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims,
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR to demand that we restrict the processing of your personal data if the accuracy of the data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of the personal data and we no longer need the data, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or if you have objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR,
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or to demand their transmission to another controller,
- pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR at any time to withdraw your consent given to us. In consequence of withdrawal, we shall no longer be allowed to process the data in future on the basis of such consent, and
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. For this purpose you can, as a general rule, address your complaint to the supervisory authority in the place of your habitual residence, your place of work, or the place where our firm has its registered office.
8. Right to object
If your personal data are being processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 point f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR on grounds relating to your particular situation, or if the objection relates to direct marketing. In the second of these two cases, you have a right to object in general without invoking a particular situation and we shall comply with the objection. If you wish to exercise your right to withdraw consent or object, simply send an email to email@example.com.
9. Data security
When you visit our website we use the widely adopted protocol secure sockets layer (SSL) in conjunction with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a general rule, 256-bit encryption is supported. If your browser is incompatible with a 256-bit key, we revert to the 128-bit v3 technique instead. The open or closed lock or padlock symbol displayed on the browser page or further information contained in the properties of the browser show whether or not the data constituting our website are encrypted during their transmission.
In other respects we take suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against coincidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, and unauthorized access by third parties. We continuously improve our security measures in keeping with technological progress.
10. Validity and revision of this data protection notice
This is the current version of the data protection notice as of August 2018. The evolution of our website and services offered by way of same, as well as changes to statutory or official requirements, can make it necessary for us to revise this data protection notice from time to time. You can retrieve and print the applicable version of the data protection notice from the website at any time on the page www.kanzlei-pozniak.de/en/privacy-policy.